Local TV has hit Pierrefeu. And I don’t mean to be rude but I think the presenter, her cameraman and director could do with a few basic lessons…
Watch out for these classics in the Fete du Terroir film:
- Madame Poncho is in virtually every shot…
- The kitchen scenes with the cooks and their chums smoking over the bubbling pots and pans
- The lazy re-use of some shots by simply putting them in again – in rewind. There’s actually a child running backwards in one scene.
- Monsieur le Maire everywhere and a guest-presenting slot by M Benentendi, who’s the councillor responsible for these events
- The fascinating vegetable-carving gentleman
- Repeated appearances of sundry barnyard animals
Joking aside, it’s lovely to see Pierrefeu on film and I even spotted a few familiar faces in the crowd. It does make me think I’ve missed a relocation opportunity, though, when I realise that the Var TV mob are pocketing 500 euros a pop for these wee videos. And they’ve covered Le Luc, Carnoules and many other places across the valley.
Oh, and if you want to see what a Christmas town hall meeting looks like when it’s given Presidential Debate status, check this out. Lovely scenes of a festive Pierrefeu by night.