Drama in Pierrefeu

Shocking news in the online edition of Var Matin this morning about a fire which destroyed an appartment in the centre of the village. Apparently a tenant in a rented flat in rue du General Sarrail – that’s the steep one which takes you downhill to the market – nipped out to get her child from school and came back to a mini inferno, caused by a coffee machine. On her return from the school, she hastened into the appartment to try and put out the fire and was overcome with smoke. Firemen from Pierrefeu – aided by colleagues from Cuers and Collobrieres – transported the unfortunate lady out and straight to hospital. Damage to the flat, according to Var Matin, was considerable.

And in other news, summer must be approaching. The webcam at St Clair is showing the annual construction of the beach bar/club. This is the one where you can have rose brought to the wee table by your sunbed in a small jug. Ah, summer…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *